Monday, March 26, 2007

March 26, 2007

I can breath today in a way that I have not been able to in three weeks. Everything seems different. It keeps hitting me in waves. About every 15 minutes it is like a gentle breeze washes over me, goes deep down into my lungs and I feel a sense of peace.

We are still at the beginning, and there are no guarantees that our baby will make it through this, but today we saw the faithfulness and wonder of God. The doctor called this afternoon to let us know the results of the biopsy. It is good. It is wonderful! She is now being categorized as stage 4, but at intermediate risk, not high risk. This means not only that her prognosis is better, but her chemo will be less toxic.

We are so happy for her, so grateful to God and so amazed at this whole situation in our lives. Something so dark has brought so many people together in prayer and has touched so many lives and taught us so many lessons in such a short time. A little 11 month-old girl, who right now is bobbing up and down (her dancing) to an electronic version of Yankee Doodle and smiling her 6 tooth grin has taught her mom and dad to value life in a way we never understood before and has touched the hearts of 1000's people, many of whom we do not even know. All I can do is smile. I am a dad, and I could not be happier. That is my little girl.

We cannot thank you all enough for spreading the word and for praying constantly for us and Keira Grace.

The journey we are about to embark on is still a long one on a difficult road, but today the sun is a little brighter, the path a little flatter, and our hope a little stronger.

Great is His faithfulness

Jason, Erin & Keira Grace

9 comments:

bee said...

We are so thrilled! We will keep you all in our prayers! You deserved some good news. :)
Love, Bridget, Chris & Family

Anonymous said...

Amen. We share in your thanksgiving and persevere in our prayers.

EmilyAnne said...

I am crying I am so happy for you! I waited for the page to upload thinking "please God please, let it be good, give them some peace!" and I am so relieved and happy to see that He has! Thank God!

EmilyAnne said...

I told our friend and pastor Jonathan about Keira's good news because the church (Grace Stillwater) has been praying for her. He said: "It's not a cliche to say that God's mercies are new every morning, they never get old and they're never short of perfect." and he's right. We are all so happy for her and for you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jason and Erin,
I know Jason sees Steve everyday at work, but I wanted to express my heart to you as well. I have wept for all of you and prayed and rejoiced. As a mom, I can only imagine what this feels like. But, I can imagine and that keeps me before the throne of the Great Physician seeking Keira's health be restored. We pray for your strength too.
In the Name of our Saviour,
Melissa Williamson

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for positive news! So thankful her treatment will be less toxic. Glad you can breath again :-) Praying for you guys.

In Him,
Michelle Gross

Anonymous said...

Erin & Jason,

You're in our daily thoughts and prayers.

Steve & Carol Devitt

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Darlings

I was so glad to read the news was a light breaking through the clouds. The power of prayer is working. Praise God!

You remain in my heart and prayers daily.

Love Aunt Ro

Anonymous said...

Erin and Jason,
We are so thrilled to hear the good news! You are an amazing testimony to us all! We're always praying...

Love, Rebecca Jones for the Jones familiy

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before