Monday, October 29, 2007

October 31, 2007

The rest of Keira's tests came back today and look good. This means she will be getting her port out in a couple of weeks, we are still waiting on the exact date. This feels like a big step to us. Within the next month, Keira will stop taking antibiotics on a regular basis to prevent infections, she will have her port removed, and she will be able to start catching up on the vaccines she missed over the past 9 months. We hear stories and watch those that we know fighting this battle, and we have seen where there was no evidence of disease, only to have a tragic relapse. We will never be able to feel safe, but right now we are at the best possible place we could be and for that we are very grateful.

We want to extend a huge thank you to all of you. When Keira was diagnosed, Erin took time off work and medical expenses accumulated rapidly. We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity from family and friends, but also from many we haven't met. We want to share with you that your generosity allowed us to be with Keira when she needed us most, without having to give thought to how we were going to pay for her treatment. As we look and plan for the future, and sort through the bills from the past 9 months, we are so happy to say that your generosity met our needs exactly. THANK YOU!!! We will never be able to repay each of you, but hope that one day we will be able to do the same for someone else in our shoes.

In light of all this good news, we feel a celebration is called for. We would like to hold a party in honor of Keira and her brave fight, and to honor all of you who have supported us emotionally, financially, and spiritually through this. We have a couple of dates in mind but won't be able to finalize plans until after we have her surgery date, so check back later!

Thank you for walking with us through this.

Jason, Erin, and Keira Grace

Saturday, October 27, 2007

October 27, 2007 - New news

A little news. Keira went back on Friday for more labwork and scans. Her labwork is still pending, but her scans looked the same to slightly better than before. Keira did great throughout the day despite having a late afternoon scan and not being able to eat all day. After a long day at the hospital, she had a rough nite. She fevered on and off all night to the point that we worried we would have to take her back in. Luckily it never reached 101.5, and this morning she was back to normal. We think it must have been a reaction to her flu vaccine.

We will update again with the results of her labwork.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October 2, 2007 - quick update

The remainder of Keira's tests came back normal. Normal is good! We are on track for her next scan at the end of this month with the possibility of removing the port if things look good. We are counting the days : )

Please continue to pray for our friend Kate. She is getting her scans done this week after having had 8 rounds of chemo. They found out some good news today and are eagerly awaiting the results of an MIBG at the end of the week. Pray they will receive only good news this week and that Kate will soon be declared NED (No Evidence of Disease)

Thank you for your prayers and support!

Jason, Erin and Keira Grace

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!


First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake




Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me