Monday, March 26, 2007

March 26, 2007 - Waiting

As we wait for the doctor to call and give us the results of the biopsy, I am feeling a little scared, a little numb, a little hopeful . . . It is hard to express how I feel right now. I know how important these results are, and yet I also know and have been reminded that they mean nothing. Our family needs the results to be good. We need to hear the doctor give us good news. We know she will still have to go through chemo. We know that even with good news, it is not a sure thing, but our hearts and our spirits need to hear that good news.

We also know that while our family needs the results to be good, God does not. If God is going to heal our little girl, we must believe that He will heal her no matter the prognosis. Percentages mean nothing to God. I know this in my mind and my heart is trying to hold onto to this truth, but it is hard at this moment in time when it is my daughter's life that is the percentage we are talking about.

All morning I have been singing this song:

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

My singing is not yet because I feel this truth completely in my heart and emotions, but because I know it is true, because I need it to be true, because God is truly all we have at this moment.

Please continue to pray. Thank you for standing with us. Thank you to everyone who keeps emailing us and calling us. You may never know how much it means to us.

Jason, Erin & Keira

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I just wanted to let you know that all of our thoughts and prayers are with you, Keira and your family. I can't even begin to imagine having to go through what you are all going through. We have been inspired by how strong you have been for your beautiful baby throughout this whole ordeal. Gavin Melmed

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before