Friday, March 23, 2007

March 23, 2007

Keira is sleeping right now (2:00 pm). She was a wonderfully brave little girl this morning. At 7:30 am, they did surgery. She had two procedures done. First, she had a port placed that will serve as the entrance point for the chemo so they will not have to place an IV each time. Second, she had a biopsy of the lymph node to determine the type of tissue of the cancer. This biopsy appears to have been successful, which is such amazing news because if it had not been successful, they might have had to open her up in order to get a sample of the tissue directly from the mass in her chest. We are so grateful to God that this was successful.

This Monday is a very important day. We will get the results of the biopsy back. Based on those results, the intensity of the chemo will be determined. We are desparately praying for favorable results so that Keira's chemo treatment can be less intense, which will mean negative side affects should be less from the treatments.

They will likely begin the chemo treatments this Wednesday.

Though nothing has gotten any easier, we really needed the small victory this morning. It is little things like this that help remind me that God is working.

Thank you all again,

Jason, Erin & Keira

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin. I just heard the news today. I know that we don't know each other very well, but I feel a special connection to you because we were pregnant at the same time and our daughters are so close in age. I am so very sorry that you have to go through this. Your beautiful, sweet little angel...I dont know what to say. I wish you strength and peace through this. There are no statistics that matter because everything is 100% when it is happening to you. I am sure that sweet Keira will be one of the lucky ones and many years from now she will be like Kristina Albano with a great survivor story and her whole life ahead of her. (hers was Stage IV as well)I will be praying for you and your family. From the bottom of my heart, Cristi Aitelli

Anonymous said...

We have added you to our morning and evening prayers. Our children are also praying for all of you. It made us feel happy to read about the the beautiful prayer service.

Blessings,
Mark and Marcy Farrand

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before