Monday, March 19, 2007

March 19, 2007 - Prayer Service

What an amazing night! I can hardly describe what it means to us to have so many of our friends join us in praying for Keira tonight at church. It was a beautiful service and made us both cry. We cannot thank those of you who could make it enough for coming. We needed that so much.

Keira was great during the service. Since the service was for her, we let her do whatever she wanted. At one point, there was a reading be given from the gospels where Jesus says to let the little children come to him. A moment before that reading began, we set Keira on the floor because that is where she wanted to be. As those words were being read, she crawled out into the middle of the walkway right in front of the priest who was reading the passage and then looked up at everyone in the pews. It could not have been more adorable or perfect.

In the middle of the service, everyone knelt and we prayed together for healing. During this part, Keira looked at everybody and promptly crawled up the steps to the altar. She spent the whole time crawling around the altar pondering the designs on the carpet and making soft little noises while every was praying. It was very cute.

At the end of the service, Erin, Keira and I went up to the front where some good friends came and circled around us, laid hands on us and prayed for us. Right in the middle of someone pouring out their heart on our behalf, Keira let our a very loud and rather long burp. It was hilarious (and some how the person praying was able to keep going).

This day, especially this night, has helped me to find a peace I have not known since this whole thing began. I believe in a God who holds all things in his hands. If I truly believe in this God, I must trust Him. And right now I do. I do not know what the future holds, but I know that my God has the future under control. And I choose to believe in Him.

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,

"It is well, it is well with my soul."

It is well with my soul . . .

good night

No comments:

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before