Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 26th, 2007

Erin has returned to work. This is her second day. It has not been easy. My wife is one of the hardest working people I know, but she does not want to be away from her baby right now.

Keira is continuing to do better. Each day she seems a little more like herself. We pray that she continues to have the strength to beat this thing. She is laughing again and becoming even more curious than she was before.

This morning on my way to work I watched a few dads walk their little girls across the street to elementary school. For some reason this morning the scene really touched me. Sitting there at the crosswalk waiting for them to get cross the street, I suddenly thought I might cry as I thought about Keira. Someday, I will hold Keira's hand and walk her across the street and hug her and kiss her and watch her bound off to class. I have to believe that because I do not have the strength to believe anything else.

Keira really is doing better. Please continue to pray for her. Pray that the chemo is doing its job. And please pray for my wife. It is very hard for her to be away from Keira right now. Thank you again for everything,

Jason, Erin & Keira

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin and Jason,
Thank you for sharing your experiences and showing us the pictures of beautiful and adorable Keira. Your courage in this trial touches and inspires us all.

Anonymous said...

The sippy cup video is wonderful. Keira is teaching us how to live and learn in spite of our circumstances. Jason, I heard you clearing your throat as if it was filled with tears. You and Erin remain in our prayers. Kaye & Matt Larberg

Laura said...

Aw man, I can't imagine how difficult that would be to leave your little girl and try to focus on work stuff when your heart is elsewhere. :(

Erin - you are such an amazing woman, and I am praying for you.

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before