Sunday, April 15, 2007

April 15, 2007 - Please Help

Many of you have contacted us with the question “What can we do to help?” With few exceptions we have asked you to continue to pray with us, letting you know that we will be sure to ask when there is something more you can do. Today we have something for you to do. In talking with other families who have children with neuroblastoma, we were made aware of an organization called Lunch for Life. Their purpose is to raise money to fund neuroblastoma research. The concept is simple, they ask everyone to give up their lunch money for one day and donate it to help find a cure.

Lunch for Life says it this way: "The cost of one lunch, if enough people contribute, can win this war. It is such a small price to pay, but it can and will save precious little lives. Please donate your lunch money to the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation and help us eradicate this disease. Give a little money. Spread the word. Save a lot of lives."

There are two ways that you can help

1. Log onto their website: http://www.lunchforlife.org and click on the link to donate. You can even donate in honor of Keira Grace.

2. Eat at Purple Cow in Plano, TX today through Wednesday (April 15-18) and they will donate a percentage of your meal to Lunch for Life.

We want more than anything to see Keira free from cancer, but we would also like to see the other children that we have met cured. Children should not have to suffer through this and neither should the familes who make this terrible journey with them. Here is a simple way to help.

3 comments:

EmilyAnne said...

Thank you for sharing the Lunch for Life with us, I'll spread the word.
Also, thank you for posting that video! I giggle when I eat chocolate cake too and that video made my morning!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Keira. You have been on my prayer list along with your mom and dad since I heard about you during Bible study at Christ Church. I am so happy that you are tolerating your treatment. That's good news! Today I will send a little extra money to lunchforlife in honor of you and your first birthday. You will continue to be in my prayers.
Kay Copeland

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Keira, I have been thinking of you all day long and hoping you are having a good birthday. After watching the video you look like it's been a pretty good one. I can't wait to see you in person and hold you. I hope you gave Mom and Dad a big kiss after eating your cake. See you in a couple of weeks.
Love, Grandma Carlyn

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before