Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August 1, 2007 - Scan results

Luckily, Erin has an "in" with the radiology department over at Children's so she was able to go look at Keira's scan about 10 minutes after it was finished and find out the results. The good news is that the tumor has definitely not increased in size. It looks like the mass is pretty much the same. We were hoping that it might be smaller, but that doesn't appear to be the case. We don't know what this will mean as far as further testing or treatment for Keira. We dropped some urine off today to be tested for tumor products and that might help guide this decision process one way or the other. We hope that the urine tests will show improvement which would likely make her doctors comfortable with watching and waiting. If the urine tests are worse, it will likely mean more treatment. At this point we really don't know. We promise to update when we know more about the results Keira's other tests and what it all means.

On a lighter note, a little update on Keira's normal life. She continues to eat well and has grown an entire inch in the last 2 weeks! Everyone at the hospital today commented that she looked taller so we decided to measure her on her doorframe when we got home. We had measured her 2 weeks ago and everyone was correct, she is in fact taller. Amazing what happens when you get rid of chemo for a while isn't it!

An update on Charli (her link is to the right). Her tumor is shrinking. This is fantastic news! Thank you for your prayers for all of these kids.

Jason, Erin, and Keira Grace

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news that the tumor has not increased in size. Hopefully the urine tests will produce some additional good news and Keira can go "treatment" free! It was great to see you guys yesterday. We will continue to pray that the Lord gives you peace, strength, great comfort and encouragement throughout this time.

Love,
Michelle

The Preister's said...

she has grown an 1"?!!! That is amazing! It is so great to see their personalities and lives come back once chemo has stopped!

praying hard for your news today, I feel like a part of me is still waiting to hear about Charli - as I wait to hear about Keira. Your family has touched my life.

Anonymous said...

Hi ~
I am a (distant) cousin of Charli's mom. I was very glad to see that Keira's tumor has not advanced further. I pray that she continues to do well!

~ Angela P.

Anonymous said...

Jason, Erin, and Keira-
My sister-in-law Tonja just sent me your blog address tonight. She had mentioned Keira to us a while back and we've been praying for her. I asked her how Keira was doing this past weekend which is why Tonja sent me the link.

Well, when I went to the link tonight, my heart skipped a beat. I met you in the play room on July 11th at Children's of Dallas when we were there with our daughter Marit, a melanoma patient. I remember commenting on your "Keira Prayer Team" t-shirt and noticing how full of life Keira's blue eyes were. It is such a small world.

Please know that we will continue to lift Keira up in our daily prayers. So many of our friends and strangers have done the same for our sweet Marit. It offers me great comfort to do the same for your little angel.

God Bless,
Candy, Jeff, Marit and Hale Peterson

tranthegirl said...

Erin, those eyes of Keira's remind me of you... especially in the Banana Pudding picture, aside from the sweet sticky, I see her momma written all over that cutie face.

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before