Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 26, 2007 - Weekly update

Keira has had a truly wonderful week. She is enjoying learning new things on a seemingly daily basis. The other day we caught her walking around the house with a stuffed duck over her shoulder, patting it on the back, and saying " Ooooh, Duck" Very sweet. She loves balls and will hand them to you to throw to her and then squeal in delight when she catches one. She has also discovered the "mega legos" and will spend up to an hour at a time building with them.... and then tearing her tower down and saying "Crash crash crash!" She is also quite technically savy. Tonight she entertained her grandparents in South Dakota via her webcam showing them just how good she is at sliding down her slide... and then prompting them to clap and cheer in case they didn't know when the appropriate time for applause was.

Keira will have her CT on Wednesday along with bloodwork, urine tests and a physical exam. We pray that all these things will continue to show good results. We have been sheltering her from the "general population" over the past few days in preparation since she can't have the CT done if she is running a fever or even has a cold.

We continue to be so grateful for how well Keira is doing through this. We will put a post up when we know the results of her tests.

Jason, Erin, and Keira Grace

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be checking this website everyday to see how she is doing. I am praying for her soooo hard and i hope everything goees well.
love, Jordan Cox

The Preister's said...

my thoughts, prayers, and heart will be with you Wednesday as you take Keira in for her tests. Do you expect to have them read the CT that same day...or will you need to wait a few days for the results?

I will admit that my heart speed up and my breath became a little heavy when I read that this is the week. What an anxious and hopefull time.

Prayers are always with you - as well as our love - as big as texas...coming from Nebraska!

Unknown said...

I think your short hair looks great. God Bless you all.
Robbie Lee

Deqlan said...

Good Luck Keira - you are always in our prayers as well as your Mommmy and Daddy! Look forward to reading some excellent news!
God Bless
Samm

Miss Mommy said...

I love the "Ooh Duck" part- glad to know she still has a fondness for them!

Anonymous said...

Keira is so adorable. She is obviously enjoying her ducks!
Prayers for you from Colorado!

Blessings

Ben said...

i love this blog, it makes me smile and tear up at the same time. Your all in my prayers

Ben said...

i love reading the good news on here. You're all in my prayers!

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before