Wednesday, December 5, 2007

December 5, 2007 - Happy Birthday Dada

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Keira is now officially 6 months out from chemo. She is off her antibiotics, and is resuming a normal vaccination schedule. Her port is out. Her hair is growing. She looks like a perfect little Christmas elf!

Keira will have one more CT scan before the end of the year on Dec. 17th. We hope to have her heart rechecked at that time. One of the medicines she received is toxic to the heart, so she will need to be watched for quite some time. Her most recent labwork looked great. At this point, we will continue to do monthly blood and urine checks and gradually space her CT scans out. We are truly blessed by this miracle.

Many of you may have last minute shopping to do. I would encourage you to take a peek at the band of parents website. http://www.bandofparents.org They are a group of parents with children who have neuroblastoma who are working together to raise money for more research and better treatments. They have some cute gifts and beautiful holiday cards. Take a peek for a great cause!

I want to say happy birthday to my amazing husband who has been such a strength to me throughout our marriage, but especially this past year. Thank you. Oh, and Keira says "Hap Dada!" - maybe next year we'll get to hear Happy Birthday : )

Erin and Keira Grace

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Keira and family,
What wonderful news you have to share with us, im so happy that your bloodwork and tests are normal... You are truly an inspiration to us! Good luck for your scan on the 17th - we will be thinking and praying for you! Happy Birthday Jason - we hope you have a great day but an even better year ahead! God Bless, Megan - Aunt to Deqlan - South Africa

The Preister's said...

it is amazing how God brings people into our lives. For me I am often amazed by who I have in my corner, my wonderful husband who keeps me grounded. And...you. God brought our lives together to share in this journey, and build faith and strength together.

I am thankful for our friendship over the past year and the amazingly good things our babies have been blessed by.

God is good, life is short and precious...these things will always be true.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jason, Erin and Keira
So wonderful to read that Keira is doing so well, thats fantastic news - we continue to think of you all and continue to pray for your beautiful Keira! What an inpsiration she is! Look forward to hearing good news from the scans - thanks so much for all your support and all your prayers for our family and especially for Deqlan
God Bless, hugs and prayers
Mark, Samm & Deqlan

Anonymous said...

Hi Friends!

It has been a while and I am sorry to have been out of contact. But I keep you close in my prayers. So wonderful to hear how well Keira is doing. Such a blessing! Hope and pray that you continue to receive great news with each and every doctors appointment. Love that picture of Keira as a flower! So precious!

Love,
Michelle Gross

Anonymous said...

Hey Bowman family! This is Tiffany Cox. I really am praying for you a whole bunch expecially today! I can't wait to see how they turn out! Please send Keira LOTS of love from the whole Cox family!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

About Me

At the age of 10 months, Keira was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma. She has completed 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 surgeries. She has had a wonderful response to therapy and now has only a small mass left in her chest.

3/9/2008 - Celebrating one year from diagnosis

Stylin at the Easter Egg Hunt!

2 years and I still love cake!

First trip to the zoo - a great reward after a long day at Childrens!

- and I even got to hold a bird!

I see how long it's taking mommy to get through - I'd better get started now!

PIGTAILS!

First day of school with best friend Ellie

How am I going to stick this landing?

The Fam

Keira's first cake

Laughter

Before

Before

Daddy & Me

Daddy & Me
Before